An industry leader for innovations in transport logistics is urgently hiring Forklift Mechanics to join their skilled team in the Dutch Harbor, AK. This position is a rotational role with housing and tools provided! Working as a Forklift Technician, Heavy Duty Mechanics will diagnose service and repair electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems on primarily electric powered material handling units. Most repairs and maintenance are done in the shop, however, Technicians must be able to perform repairs outside in cold/rainy/windy conditions, as some field work is required. A field service truck is provided for off-site work.
Heavy Equipment Technicians should have:
- 3+ years’ experience repairing electric forklifts and/or heavy equipment
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and hydraulic schematics
- Experience diagnosing electrical faults and problems, with the proven ability to complete repairs
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Welding and fabrication experience an asset
- Field service experience an asset, though mainly a Shop role
- A valid driver's license with the ability to get a CDL.
Pre-employment background checks will be completed.
Day Shift, 10-hour days, 7-days-a-week. Up to 30 hours of overtime available each week. Rotational Schedules available:
(Actual dates of each Mechanic's schedule to be determined by management.)
$32.00/hour, fixed starting wage. Overtime rate of $48.00/hour. Depending on rotation schedule, Technicians can expect to earn $70,000 up to $105,000 per year, when working available overtime. Benefits available after 6 months and 600 hours worked. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance. 401K plan available after 1 year of service and at least 1200 hours worked. Apartment style housing provided at no cost; 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, kitchen, laundry - within walking distance of the shop.
Dutch Harbor, AK 99692