A service-oriented company with over 30 year's of business based out of York, PA is urgently seeking Heavy Equipment Mechanics to join their team. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience working on Heavy Equipment and/or Heavy Duty Trucks. The position will be primarily performing State Inspections, as well as diagnosing and repairing mechanical failures. Proprietary computer diagnostic software knowledge will be considered an asset and given preference (Davie 4, InSite, ET, MaxPro, etc.). Must have your own tools, and a valid Class-A Commercial Driver's License and Pennsylvania State Inspection License will be given preference.
- Inspecting heavy construction equipment and attachments and heavy trucks and trailers for proper performance, and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions.
- Diagnosing faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine the extent of repair required.
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems using hand and power tools.
- Testing repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers’ specifications.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment.
- State Inspection of vehicles / trailers.
- Working knowledge of diesel engines, hydraulics, pneumatic and electrical systems.
- Travel to job sites to perform services / repairs.
Applicants must be able to pass pre-employment background checks.
Days, Monday - Friday (6:00am - 4:00pm).
$18.00 - $26.00/hour. Starting wage will depend on experience and training. Full Benefits with inexpensive deductible, PTO, Flexible Spending account, Employer paid uniform, Safety toe boot allowance.