We are seeking Heavy Equipment Mechanics for Shop & Field Service roles to join a Nation-wide, Industry Leading team in Laval, QC.
Technicians will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of construction and forestry based heavy equipment and the respective attachments.
Field Service Technicians will acquire a company cell phone, lap top and service truck.
- Efficiently and effectively evaluate the working condition of, diagnose, assemble/disassemble, order parts for, and repair heavy duty equipment
- Use secondary materials and equipment safely and efficiently
- Use related instruments, hand and power tools, secondary equipment, and computer systems
- Accurately and completely document on work orders all machine information, actions taken, and time taken
- Continually assess service task hazards and ensure work is performed safely, and to accepted standards
- Use computer applications and information systems (i.e. John Deere Service Advisor) to document maintenance, inspection, and diagnosis
- Use parts catalogues to locate parts, and order parts from parts personnel
- Road test equipment and check attachment operation as required
- Previous mechanical experience in a heavy equipment environment is preferred
- Registered as an Apprentice or certified Journeyperson in the heavy-Duty Equipment Technician trade or equivalent
Days, 7:00am to 4:00pm, Monday - Friday. Must be flexible to work other hours as necessary. OT paid after 44 hours.
$25.00 to $43.00/hour, depending on experience. Comprehensive Benefits including Medical, Dental after 6 months, Short and Long Term Disability Coverage after 3 months, as well as a Defined Contribution Pension Plan available after 2 years of employment. Uniform service and Boot allowance provided.
Laval QC H7R6E9