An industry leading equipment distribution and repair facility is urgently seeking a Service Manager to join their team in Aurora, IL. Reporting to Senior Service Manager, the primary purpose of the Service Manager is to manage the day to day operations of the service department. The position leads the service team to obtain the highest levels of customer satisfaction and department performance while assuring that company processes and procedures are followed and non-conforming conditions are corrected.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Control performance of department using dealer operating system
- Open / Review / Close work orders in CDK as required to maintain steady workflow in the shop
- Prepare estimates for customers
- Select new hires and provide internal training
- Perform employee performance reviews based on job descriptions and department objectives
- Manage and control special tools and equipment
- Update technicians on latest technical information
- Oversee upkeep of shop, including facility and equipment maintenance and housekeeping
- Maintain efficiency and productivity control
- Manage in-shop and in-field service and repair of equipment
- Manage new and used equipment preparation and repair
- Manage warranty repairs and administration
- Ensure compliance with all safety and environmental compliance rules and regulations
- Obtain and exceed department financial performance goals
- Conduct performance coaching of staff to include supervision and guidance required for them to reach both their corporate and personal goals
- Conduct regular service meetings and training sessions to communicate company objectives and policies, to develop technical skills and to encourage employee participation and personal growth
- Assist with diagnosing incoming vehicles as needed
- Test drive and QC completed vehicles as needed
- Assign work to appropriate technician (based on skill level and time promised)
- Assist technicians with work in process, check quality of technicians work
- Check vehicles for required maintenance that has not been performed
- Solid shop floor management knowledge
- Good understanding of financial reporting principles
- Supervisory and management training in related fields
- Leadership skills in a specialized repair environment
- Working knowledge of shop layout and utilization principals
- A solid understanding of pricing principles and discounting effects
- Microsoft Office skills to include Excel and Word
- Dealer Operating System experience required, CDK experience a plus
- Excellent people and customer relations skills
- At least 2 years service and parts management experience
- At least 5 years experience in the automotive, heavy truck or emergency equipment industry
Days, 7:00am to 3:00pm, (Monday - Friday).
- $75,000.00 - $90,000.00/year.
- Benefit package available after 30 days (Medical/Drug, Dental, Vision), Life & Disability insurance, H.S.A, flexible spending account, 401k, PTO, company laptop, company cell phone.
- Up to $15,000.00 in annual bonuses based on shop performance.
Aurora, IL 60505