An industry leader is seeking experienced Diesel Mechanics to join their shop in Los Angeles, CA....Read more
An industry leader is seeking experienced Diesel Mechanics to join their shop in Los Angeles, CA. Successful candidates will be responsible for diagnosing and repairing medium to heavy duty diesel trucks and trailers. This Family owned and operated business for over 100 years, offers a competitive compensation package, on-going training, and support, tied with a strong company culture.
- Diagnose trucks for immediate repairs, such as smoking engines, burned out clutches. Circuit test electrical, hydraulic and air systems based on observational and mechanical bench testing as well as information provided from Operator Manuals.
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services on trucks and trailer equipment including batteries, lube oil and filter changes, and be able to inspect brakes, and identify engine and transmission leaks.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, electrical, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition. Must be familiar in repairing and troubleshooting of major components such as diesel engines, transmissions, and differentials, to include replacing complete assemblies such as turbochargers and fuel system components. Be able to identify and determine parts required for repair on disassembled components, such as hydraulic gear boxes and winch assemblies.
- Practical experience as a full-service heavy-duty diesel truck hydraulic mechanic
- Know how to bench test and diagnose various components - will train to suit
- Must be able to tear down and re-assemble heavy duty truck hydraulic components with minimum supervision
- Must have own complete set of mechanic’s tools
If interested in this opportunity, please apply now.