An industry leader for innovations in transport logistics is urgently hiring Forklift Mechanics to join...Read more
An industry leader for innovations in transport logistics is urgently hiring Forklift Mechanics to join their skilled team in the Dutch Harbor, AK. This position is a rotational role with housing and tools provided!
Working as a Forklift Technician, Heavy Duty Mechanics will diagnose service and repair electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems on a variety of electric, propane, gas and diesel powered material handling units. Most repairs and maintenance are done in the shop, however, Technicians must be able to perform repairs outside in cold/rainy/windy conditions, as some field work is required. A field service truck is provided for off-site work.
Heavy Equipment Technicians should have:
- 3+ years’ experience repairing heavy equipment
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and hydraulic schematics
- Experience diagnosing electrical faults and problems, with the proven ability to complete repairs
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Forklift repair experience an asset
- Welding and fabrication experience an asset
- Field service experience an asset, though mainly a Shop role
- A valid driver's license with the ability to get a CDL.
Pre-employment background checks will be completed.