This policy will outline the following:
- What personal information will be collected?
- Why is this information collected?
- Where is this information stored?
- How is this information kept accurate and secure?
- Who has access to this information?
- When will this information be disposed of?
- Have you consented?
- Contact information for the Privacy Officer at Mechanics Hub
Your personal information is only collected, used, and disclosed to prospective clients by the staffing representatives at Mechanics Hub and only with your consent as applicable under this privacy legislation.
1. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL BE COLLECTED?
When you apply for employment through our recruitment services:
When you applied for employment, you were understood to have provided Mechanics Hub with your implied consent to Mechanics Hub collection, use, disclosure and retention of your personal information for the purposes identified to you under this statement. The personal information collected by Mechanics Hub about you as a person, as applicable, may include, but is not limited to: your home address, home telephone number, email address, other contact information, education, skills, training, work experience, employment history and references. It also includes your length of service, promotions, transfers, salary, and salary expectations, benefits, perquisites, and other related information.
Personal information about you is gathered from a number of sources including: from you, your resumes, educational records, references, interviews, face-to-face discussions, assessments, course or training, telephone communications, e-mail, internet, and any other means of communications, whether verbal, written or otherwise. From third parties through inquiries we make to verify details provided to us in an application, such as references, credit or back ground checks, and certifications.
By creating an account, applying to a job posting, or utilizing our services on our site we collect the following information:
- Contact details, resume details, & location data that you provide
- Website activity cookie tracking data such as but not limited to: information from your device and actions taken on the Sites, searches you run or jobs you click on, Ad tracking, site navigation, log in from third party sites
- When purchases are made from our site or payment pages, this data is stored with a third party payment service provider to prevent identity theft or security leaks of your private financial details
2. WHY IS THIS INFORMATION COLLECTED?
When utilizing our recruitment services, you are asked to provide the above-mentioned information in order to assist Mechanics Hub in making the best fit possible in the placement process to the benefit of both our candidates and clients.
When using our website, applying to our job board and utilizing our services we collect and use your information in order to help candidates find jobs, to help Employers find candidates, and to provide the services requested by you. The following covers an overview of how we utilize this personal data where applicable to provide the services you have engaged with:
- To create your account and send you Job Alerts or other promotional materials;
- To give you relevant search results and job recommendations;
- To facilitate communication as part of the job search, application and interview process;
- make your resume available to third parties, depending on your communication settings (e.g. private or public resume, determined by your request);
- match Candidates with Employer Job Listings;
- prevent fraud, spam and other potentially fraudulent or illegal activities;
- facilitate payment, in connection with chargeable services;
- carry out automated processing in order to provide many of our services;
- enhance and optimize our services and security for Candidates and Employers by data sharing with our affiliates;
- improve our services, maintain product quality and protect users; and
- aggregate and share with third parties content posted on Indeed intended to be publicly available.
3. WE WILL USE THE PROVIDED INFORMATION TO:
- Determine your qualifications, needs and preferences
- Find the best possible fit in a job opportunity, which will result in the greatest level of job satisfaction
- Fulfill our clients’ needs and requests for information about your experience and credentials.
- Provide appropriate direction in interviewing techniques and tips
- Assess and develop our application processes and techniques to better serve you and future job seekers, as well as our clients
Mechanics Hub will only collect the necessary personal information from a candidate to fulfill these purposes unless there is a specific request from a client for additional information and consent is obtained from the candidate. We do not sell or disclose your personal information to anyone, except as required by law.
4. HOW IS THIS INFORMATION KEPT ACCURATE AND SECURE?
Mechanics Hub strives to maintain accurate records of your personal information. Individuals are expected to update Mechanics Hub with any changes to their personal information. The information will only be updated when required for the intended, previously informed purposes. Electronically obtained information such as resumes and/or education certificates etc, is embedded in our database and backed up on a recuring basis. Our database is profile, password, & 3rd party software secured, and all activity in our database is recorded to ensure accountability. All resumes added to our database are modified by removing personal information and then password protected to ensure your privacy prior to submission to our clients.
While Mechanics Hub takes appropriate safeguards with this website, no website or electronic transmission can be completely secure. Therefore, you should not send confidential or sensitive information by the Internet or by email unless you take appropriate precautions such as encryption.
5. WHO HAS ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION?
When utilizing our recruitment services initially, all candidates of Mechanics Hub are contacted by one of our Staffing Specialists. This individual is responsible for your information throughout the preliminary stages of your application. Once you have been taken through the first registration process, your resume will be entered in our database for use by all internal Staffing Specialists. Our Staffing Specialists are provided with individual logons plus secure passwords and only then have access to our candidate database with restricted levels of access. All levels of senior management will have unrestricted access to your file and personal information. Modified resumes will only be presented to our clients with the expressed consent of both the candidate and their Staffing Specialist. You may at any time make a written request to the Privacy Officer for access to your personal information except in limited circumstances established by law.
6. WHEN WILL THIS INFORMATION BE DISPOSED OF?
Mechanics Hub Inc. stores your Personal Data until it is no longer necessary to provide our services, or until you ask us to delete your Personal Data. We may also be required to retain certain information in order to comply with local laws. If you wish to have your Personal Data removed from our database, please contact our support team via the Contact Us Page.
7. HAVE YOU CONSENTED?
When using our recruitment services:
When creating an account, applying to a job posting, or utilizing our services on our site:
8. PRIVACY OFFICER
To confirm our commitment to privacy, Mechanics Hub has appointed a qualified member of our senior management team as the Privacy Officer. The Privacy Officer is available to offer more information on our practices and policy, to ensure compliance by everyone at Mechanics Hub and to rectify any complaints.
Mechanics Hub’ Privacy Officer commits to being aware and knowledgeable about any changes in the Canadian Provincial privacy legislation and to ensuring Mechanics Hub consistently meets or exceeds the Provincial privacy requirements.
Contact information for the Privacy Officer at Mechanics Hub:
- Michael Maizis
- 5409 Eglinton Ave West Suite 108
- Etobicoke, ON, M9C 5K6
- Direct 1-844-238-7845
Although we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law when we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
This website contains links to other Internet sites, resources and businesses operated by others. Mechanics Hub has no responsibility or liability for, or control over, other sites, their business, goods, services or content. We encourage you to find out the privacy policies of these other sites as your dealings with the owners and operators of these sites are at your own risk.
WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by these website Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Mechanics Hub’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Mechanics Hub’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Mechanics Hub at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on Mechanics Hub’s web site are provided “as is”. Mechanics Hub makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Mechanics Hub does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Mechanics Hub or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Mechanics Hub’s Internet site, even if Mechanics Hub or a Mechanics Hub authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Mechanics Hub’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Mechanics Hub does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Mechanics Hub may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Mechanics Hub does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Mechanics Hub has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Mechanics Hub of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Mechanics Hub’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to its conflict of law provisions.