We are seeking a Lead Heavy Equipment Mechanic to join an Industry leading team in Columbus, OH. This position is responsible for overseeing various aspects of the shop, including but not limited to, overseeing repairs, and directing other shop employees, maintaining inventory for parts and uniforms, and reporting repair/replacement/diagnostic progress to supervisors weekly.
- Evaluate projects and assign shop crew member according to project need and member experience, ensuring proper follow up to produce results.
- Assign other duties such as cleaning shop yard and sending others to purchase supplies.
- Oversee the daily work flow of the department.
- Provide constructive and timely advice and direction.
- Assist other shop members with diagnostics and troubleshooting for malfunctioning equipment.
- Purchase, record, and maintain inventory or parts, tools, and other necessary supplies.
- Generate PO’s and receive approval for purchase.
- Review shop and yards for cleanliness and safety. Assigns others to remedy unclean or unsafe areas.
- Must have a set of your own tools
- Minimum 2+ years experience working as a Lead Mechanic/foreman AND performing repairs, diagnostics, and routine maintenance on large equipment
- Ability to diagnose and repair electronic, hydraulic, air brake, ABS, industry specific equipment and tools
- Clean and Valid Drivers' License (CDL will be given preference)
- Excellent Organizational and Time Management Skills
Day Shift, 6:00AM - 5:00PM, Monday - Friday. OT after 40 hours.
- $35.00 - $45.00/hour to start
- Full Benefit Package (Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance, STD, LTD)
- 401K with employer matching
- Retirement plan
- Company perks (gas card, cell phone)
- Two weeks PTO
- Bonus Program
- Uniform Service
Columbus, OH 43204