We are seeking qualified and experienced Generator Technicians to join a long-standing team in Tacoma, WA. This position will provide extensive training, growth opportunities, strong company culture, and the potential of internal advancement.
- Perform field inspections of generators. Determine generator condition by conducting inspections & diagnostic tests.
- Identify and repair problems with electrical and mechanical systems. Perform load bank test, calculate KW for testing.
- Complete tune-ups and/or the repairs identified during the diagnostic process.
- Troubleshoot & repair AC and DC controls and equipment such as engine controllers, Automatic Voltage Regulators, battery chargers, block heaters, automatic transfer switches and switchgear.
- Troubleshoot & repair diesel and gaseous engines.
- Conduct up-fit modifications to new power generation equipment.
- Load test batteries, check and repair charging systems.
- Verify generator performance by conducting tests, adjusting controls & systems as needed.
- Maintain records with an accurate documentation of service and repairs.
- Keep company tools and equipment operating by following operating instructions
- Basic knowledge of AC 110-690 VAC system, and DC systems fundamentals and work practices.
- Knowledge of generators, diesel and gaseous engines, controls, and systems.
- Understand basic operation of transfer switches and switch gear.
- Knowledge of mechanical & electronic governors.
- Ability to understand wiring diagrams, motors, transformers.
- Ability to use vendor diagnostic software to identify and repair deficiencies.
- Ability to work safely around electrical components.
- Excellent customer service skills which includes both verbal and written communications.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities/training and reading technical and regulation publications.
- Basic computer skills (MS Office, emails, typing, etc.)
- 07 Electrical (Residential) license, preferred but not required.
Days, Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm. Must be flexible for OT hours.
- $25.00 - $40.00/Hour, dependant on previous experience and certifications
- Signing Bonus available, dependant on qualifications and experience ($5,000 - $10,000)
- Full Benefit Package (Medial, Life, Dental, Vision)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) company contribution of $1500.00 per year
- 401K with company matching
Tacoma, WA 98424